On 9th March 2023, the Asia Pacific Women of Faith Network will hold a seminar on Peace-building and Reconciliation under the theme “Enhancing Women’s Participation in Peacebuilding and Reconciliation in Asia”. Women speakers will come from ASEAN Women Peace Registry,, UN Women (International) and Religions for Peace East Asia.
The Asia‐Pacific Women of Faith Network (APWoFN), Religions for Peace Asia, strongly view that a lot need to be done for women of Asia to assert their voice, to air their challenges, to strengthen their actions for peacebuilding and reconciliation and to collaborate with actors in the region for positive, substantive, and sustainable changes of their situation.
More than two decades after the adoption of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 in 2000, many constructive changes have taken place in women’s participation in peacebuilding and Reconciliation in different parts of the world. In Asia, women are still under-represented in the official peacebuilding and reconciliation processes despite playing strong and active roles at the grass-roots and community levels and in the civil society sector.
We must strengthen our peacebuilding and reconciliation actions to ensure that we listen to women’s voices and address the issues they raise.
Purpose and Goals
This webinar is a learning platform for peace-builders from Asia and beyond to
1) learn about the current state of women’s participation in peacebuilding and reconciliation processes in South and Southeast Asia;
2)identify challenges and proper strategies for the promotion of women’s participation in peacebuilding;
3) understand how Faith‐based organization/network can play constructive roles in enhancing women’s participation in peacebuilding and reconciliation;
4) develop relationship and get to know one another for future collaboration
1. Prof. Arifah Rahmawati, a member of AWPRASEAN Women Peace Registry, ASEAN Institute for Peace and Reconciliation
2. Prof. Kathy Matsui, Religions for Peace Asia, East Asia
3. Ms. Ruangkhao Chanchai – Specialist, UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
Breakout session by 4 Regions
Breakout room1: South Asia
Breakout room1: East Asia
Breakout room1: Southeast Asia
Breakout room1: Pacific/ Australia/NZ
Download a Flyer for this event
Event: Asia Pacific Women of Faith Network Seminar on Peace-building and Reconciliation
Location: Online, using Zoom
Date: 9 March 2023
Time: 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM Japan Standard Time (Check your regional time) https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
Registration: Online Registration