The Centre for Interfaith & Cultural Dialogue is proudly co-sponsoring the Building Earth Ethics in Australia: Pathways and Challenges conference. This thought-provoking two-day conference will focus on how Earth-centered ethics can be nurtured and built in a time of global ecological crisis.
This conference will take place at Australia Catholic University, 115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065 on the Thursday 28th and Friday 29th November 2019.
Join us for a thought-provoking two-day conference that will bring people together from a range of fields – including earth ethics, environmental education, Indigenous knowledge systems, environmental psychology, deep ecology, arts, law, science, business, religion and eco-spirituality – to address our central questions:
- How do we build Earth-centred ethics in Australia?
- What barriers prevent people from developing and maintaining an Earth-centred world view?
- How do we address these barriers?
The way we think about ourselves and understand our world informs the governance systems that guide our societies, so our ethical world view is a critical part of the roots for larger change. Earth Ethics orient people towards recognising the interconnected systems of life that we are part of, and in turn help us reflect, make decisions and act in a way that nurtures rather than destroys the living world.
The Conference aims to help people learn and share information about how Earth-centred ethics can be nurtured and built in a time of global ecological crisis and how human societies can continue to build hope and resilience as we face ever increasing environmental, psychological and spiritual challenges.
Conference Organising Committee
- Dr Michelle Maloney, Australian Earth Laws Alliance (AELA). Email: convenor [at] earthlaws.org.au
- Fatih Erol Tuncer, Executive Member of the Australian Intercultural Society and former Project Officer to the Faculty of Theology and Philosophy at Australian Catholic University.
- Dr Brian Adams, Director, Centre for Interfaith and Cultural Dialogue, Griffith University. Email: b.adams[at]griffith.edu.au
- Call for Participation opens March 2019, closes on 30 July 2019
- Program available early August 2019
- Registration opens March 2019
- Conference is hosted Thursday 28th and Friday 29th November 2019
- Conference Dinner will be held on the evening of Thursday 28th November 2019
Register via our Eventbrite page – click here
Early bird rates until 12 August
- $200 Standard
- $100 Concession
Registration after 12 August 2019
- $250 Standard
- $140 Concession
Conference Website: https://www.earthlaws.org.au/our-programs/earth-ethics/2019-earth-ethics-conference/