The April 2013 meeting of the Multifaith Association of South Australia was held at the Unitarian Church on Osmaond Terrace, Norwood on 7 April March.
- Updating process is continuing on our website and we hope to have the new one operational in the next month. Committee brainstormed content for section on the website “Why join?”
- Symposium planning is continuing to proceed well. Unity in Diversity will be held on Sunday September 22nd in the afternoon followed by dinner.
- Still in the pipeline: continuing to look into Climate Change as a topic and looking at forming a group to explore, discuss and put into practice Karen Armstrong’s TED talk on the Charter for Compassion and also her book Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life. We may possibly start in the middle of this year and continue into next year. The Unitarian Church has already been offering sessions which have proved very popular.
- Future home for meetings was discussed. Rob on behalf of Unitarian Church will organize a formal offer and Annemieke also will pursue using the Bahai building in the city.
- Four committee members presented short talks: My Faith in Action: one concrete example of how I live out my faith in everyday life. Three members from the broad membership attended. The personal talks were well received, prompting reflection and questions. All shared inspiring stories from their lives and those present commented on parallels with their own faiths and experiences. Next meeting we look forward to hearing from other members of the committee.
Ann Aisatullin May 4th, 2013