The Anabaptist Association of Australia & New Zealand will conduct a conference, From Pieces to Peace, on Australia Day Weekend, 2013
From Pieces to Peace
More Than Just Neighbours In a Multifaith World
What can the Peace Church bring to the round table?
A conference about peace building between different faiths & cultures.
Jesus calls for followers who will be merciful neighbours, loving others as we love ourselves. In OZ and NZ today many of our neighbours are Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim or people with no defined faith. How are we at being neighbours to so many who are so different from ourselves? We’d also like the challenge of going beyond being merely neighbourly and like Jesus embody the love of neighbour as the ground for reconciliation… which is also the foundation for peace.
- Dave Andrews (The Waiters’ Union)
- Jarrod McKenna (World Vision Australia)
- Matt Anslow (TEAR Australia)
- Nora Amath (Australian Muslim Advocates for the Welfare of All Humanity)
- Rabbi Zalman Kastel (Together For Humanity)
- Pastor Ray Minniecon – Douwaburra Aboriginal tribe (Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions)
- Speakers from other faith groups
Australia Day weekend 25th to 28th January 2013.
Come for the whole weekend or just for the day.
Long Point Conference Centre and Retreat near Ingleburn 45 km south west from Sydney CBD
Bushland setting on Georges River, air conditioned rooms, swimming pool, children’s playground and a café.
Photos and info on centre see: http://www.longpoint.org.au/
To register online click here
Email enquires to: email@example.com
Source: Anabaptist Association of Australia & New Zealand