New Zealand will conduct its 2014 National Interfaith Forum will take place in Dunedin from 27-29 June.
The theme for this year’s forum is Unity in Diversity and the event is hosted by the Dunedin Interfaith Council. The programme includes workshops and panel sessions, as well as a special overseas guest speaker, the Rev. Dr Lord Leslie Griffiths who is the Superintendent Minister of Wesley’s Chapel, the Cathedral of World Methodism in London, England and a member of the House of Lords.
Those interested are invited to host a workshop presentation about one of the topic themes. If you would like to present a workshop please forward an outline summary of your chosen topic by 30 April 2014. Please contact dunedininterfaith …at … gmail.com for more information. The following are the topic themes:
- Ethics in Practice
- Environmental Issues
- Promoting interfaith harmony in our communities
- “Our (faith) traditions share a common message of love and compassion, patience and tolerance” (quote from Dalai Lama)
- Encouraging New Zealanders to be more inclusive and accepting of religious diversity
- How faith contributes to personal transformation and the betterment of the world
- Encouraging multi-Faith education in New Zealand.
The Forum will be held at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Fenton Crescent, St Clair, Dunedin. This PDF form gives information about the Interfaith Forum. You can get the registration form here.
You can find out more about the 2014 New Zealand Interfaith Forum here
New Zealand National Interfaith Forum