Religions for Peace, in partnership with Manresa City Council and Religions for Peace-Spain-GTER, invite you to virtually participate for the event, “At a Crossroads: A Multireligious Intergenerational Response to the Social and Environmental Crises,” from 28-30 November 2022. This event is open to the Public.
In commemoration of the 500th anniversary of St. Ignatius of Loyola’s pilgrimage and stay in the city of Manresa, and following the Earth Day Celebration event “Love and Respect the Earth: Multi-Religious Collaboration to Address the Climate Crisis,” At a Crossroads: An Intergenerational and Multireligious Response to the Social and Environmental Crisis is aimed at addressing the social and environmental crises facing our cities and earth by emphasising the importance of involving youth in creating and nurturing sustainable, just, and inclusive cities.
The forum will provide a unique platform where youth and elders will seek tangible solutions to pressing social and environmental crises such as lack of housing, food, and water security; access to equitable healthcare and education; and greenspace. The outcome of this event will result in The Manresa 2022 Multireligious and Multisectoral Global Pact for the Development of Resilient, Sustainable, Safe, and Inclusive Cities (The Manresa Pact).
Register to participate virtually here – and choose which sessions you would like to attend. Kindly note that all sessions will be held in Central European Time.
- Forging a New Path: Multireligious and Intergenerational Advocacy for a Sustainable World
- SDG 11 and Interfaith Partnerships: What is the Role of Multireligious Collaboration in Building Resilient, Sustainable, and Inclusive Cities?
- Rights and Duties: The Role of Faith Actors in Ensuring Access to Vital Services in Cities
- Multisectoral and Multireligious Collaboration to Realise Sustainable Cities for All
- Are Leaders Prepared to Implement the Multireligious and Multisectoral Global Pact for the Development of Resilient, Sustainable, Safe, and Inclusive Cities?
- Visionary Teaching: Sharing Ways Faith Communities Can Offer Solutions by Working Together
- Presentation of The Manresa 2022 Multireligious and Multisectoral Global Pact for the Development of Resilient, Sustainable, Safe, and Inclusive Cities
- Read the Press Release
- Watch the Press Conference
- Youth Media Team Participant Interviews
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and use the hashtags #Manresa2022Forum, #WeNeedYourAction, #YOUthforClimateChange, #ReImagineCities, and #TheFutureIsNow to follow along and participate in the conversations!