The Islamic Council of Victoria offers advice on re-opening of Mosques. All places of worship are required to have a Covid-safe Plan.
The City Mosque will re-open for daily Salah from Monday, the 16th of November. As per the directions of the Victorian State Government we have opened 20 spaces. Other services at the City Mosque are not available until further notice i.e. community events, education classes etc.
- Daily Salah (Prayer 5 times a day) opening times will be limited and will be advised.
- The Mosque will be open for a maximum of 1 hour for the duration of each of the daily prayers starting with Fajr and ending one hour after Isha. Session times will be advised.
- The Mosque will remain closed outside of these prayer times.
- Mosque doors will be open 10 minutes before prayer and will be locked when maximum capacity has been reached or when prayer has commenced.
- Upon arrival all visitors must provide their name and number, which can be done by scanning the at the front entry with your mobile or manually via a log-book which the COVID Safety officer will be responsible for.
- Worshippers must not be sick or show any signs of 𝐶𝑂𝑉𝐼𝐷-19 symptoms. This includes if you are awaiting on COVID-19 test results, been asked to Quarantine or self-isolate or a close contact of COVID-19 case in the last 14 days.
- Respect the directions of the COVID Safety Officer and volunteers on-site