The Faith Communities Council of Victoria, in association with the Interfaith Network of the City of Greater Dandenong, and the City of Greater Dandenong, would like to invite you to the 2019 Victorian Interfaith Networks Conference on Sunday, November 17th 2018 at the Springvale City Hall.
The Victorian Interfaith Networks Conference (VINC) is a grass-roots conference which aims to help build the capacity and sustainability of existing multifaith/interfaith networks, bring people up-to-date with current multifaith/interfaith matters and provide networking opportunities.
Date: Sunday, November 17th 2018 Time: 12:00pm – 4:30pm
12:00pm-1:25pm: Registration, networking, lunch and activities
1:30pm-2:15pm: Honoured guests and keynote speech on:
‘My faith and Refugee Journey’ by Fablice Manirakiza
Child soldier in war-torn Burundi and current advocate for migrant and refugee communities
2:20pm-3:50pm: Workshops and plenary sessions (see below)
4:00pm-4:30pm: Summary & closing ceremony
Workshops & Plenary Sessions:
Detailed descriptions of each workshop and plenary session will be announced on October 1st 2019.
- Workshop 1: Refugees and asylum seekers: A celebration of courage and achievement
- Workshop 2: Voices of Youth: My Faith, My Generation
- Workshop 3: Faith and Creative Arts: a hands on experience!
- Workshop 4: Child Safe Standards and the Reportable Conduct Scheme
Enrolment for workshops and plenary sessions to be made on the day of event so please arrive early to enrol in your preferred workshop or session.
To register for the event go to vinc.eventbrite.com.au and click on the green Register button.
Click here to view flyer
Travel to Venue – Springvale City Hall
Springvale City Hall is located 30 minutes by car from Melbourne’s CDB and easy to get to via the Monash Freeway and Eastlink.
Parking is available on site and surrounding areas (Grace Park Avenue and small parking off Hillcrest Avenue). Please allow time to find parking nearby.
The venue can be accessed by public transport:
1. Train: Cranbourne or Pakenham lines – Springvale Station is 10-15 minutes’ walk to Springvale City Hall.
2. Bus: 902. Hillcrest Grove/Springvale Road or Boonah Street/Springvale Road are the two closest stops to Springvale City Hall.