Writing the Sacred is a one-day conference on The Sacred in Literature and the Arts, at Australian Catholic University, Strathfield NSW Campus.
- Start Date:
- 23rd Sep 2012 9:15am
- End Date:
- 23rd Sep 2012 5:00pm
- ACU Strathfield Campus, 25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW Strathfield
'Writing the Sacred' is the first in a series of Faculty of Arts and Sciences' conferences at ACU on the sacred in literature and the arts.
All are welcome to join David Malouf, Robert Adamson and other well known writers, artists and teachers as they talk about topics such as ‘Metaphor As a Way of Releasing the Sacred’ and ‘Presence in Literature and Art’.
For more information on this conference, please download the flyer (PDF, 836.2KB).
RSVP: Register here by Monday 10 September
Late registrations can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9:35 Opening
- 9:45 Michael Griffith and Elaine Lindsay: introduction to the day
- 9:55 David Malouf reading and in conversation with James Tulip
- 10:45 Morning Tea/Coffee</dd>
- 11:15 David Malouf, James Tulip and Michael Griffith: ‘Presence and Metaphor as a way of releasing the Sacred in David Malouf’s work’
- 11:45 Jeannette Siebols: ‘Writing the Sacred in Art’
- 12:30 Lunch in the McGlade Gallery including launch by Peter Fay of the exhibition ‘Halo and the Glory of Art’
- 1:30 Toby Davidson: ‘“Dragon-flies Draw Flame”: Francis Webb at Galston’
- 2:00 Barry Spurr: ‘Sacredness of Place in T S Eliot’s Four Quartets’
- 2:45 Readings: Robert Adamson, Martin Harrison and Toby Davidson
- 3.15 Afternoon Tea
- 3:45 Robert Adamson in conversation with Martin Harrison: ‘“When Kingfishers Catch Fire”: The Sacred in My Poetry’
- 4:15 Reflections on Writing the Sacred with Jeannette Siebols, Lachlan Warner, Martin Harrison, Michael Griffith, Elaine Lindsay and audience members.
- Close: 5:00 pm