The Jewish Christian Muslim Association (in Victoria) seeks an Education Officer. A position description is given.
The Jewish Christian Muslim Association (in Victoria) seeks a Schools Program Coordinator. A position description is given.
JCMA Schools Coordinator Position Description
Position Title: JCMA Education Officer – Part time
Reports To: JCMA Executive Officer
Purpose of the Organisation:
The Jewish Christian Muslim Association of Australia (JCMA) is a not for profit, volunteer based organisation whose objective is to draw together members of the Abrahamic faiths in mutual respect and understanding by engaging with each other in programs and events that create shared experience and dialogue. The JCMA also works to prevent emotional and physical abuse arising from religious intolerance and cultural discrimination.
The Schools Program has been running since 2007 and is designed to enhance the understanding and acceptance of different faiths and cultural traditions by young people in primary and secondary schools. A Jewish, Christian and a Muslim presenter, visit schools across Melbourne and regional Victoria giving students the opportunity to see the three presenters interacting respectfully and harmoniously and ask questions challenging typical stereotypes and prejudices. This encourages acceptance of diversity and difference and educates students to be more accepting of others and feel more empathy towards those different from themselves.
With changes in the Victorian Curriculum, including the introduction in 2016 of the ‘Learning About World Views and Religions’ component into schools, JCMA is well placed to further develop and deliver its Professional Development programs for teachers.
To manage all aspects of the delivery of the JCMA Schools Program including:
- To further promote and manage the JCMA Schools Workshop program
- To further develop, promote and manage the Professional Development program for teachers
Key Responsibilities & Duties
Education and Schools Marketing Program
- Develop and implement an annual marketing and work plan for the schools program to generate referrals and workshop bookings
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders and government agencies as required
- Network and collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to create and develop marketing materials for the schools program
- Prepare and manage a data base to keep the schools program contact database up to date
- Work on the identification and preparation of funding and grant proposals to fund the schools program and to keep track of funding applications
Manage the JCMA Schools Workshops
- Maintain existing relationships with primary and secondary schools
- Liaise with schools and presenters to coordinate the delivery of JCMA workshops in primary and secondary schools
- Manage the use and care of JCMA presentation equipment
- Conduct workshop follow-up i.e., feedback questionnaires, testimonials, update website and promotional material
- Report weekly to the Executive Officer on activities and bookings
Manage & Coordinate JCMA Schools Presenters:
- Manage recruitment, and ongoing relationships with JCMA schools presenters and maintain a list of potential new JCMA presenters
- Work with JCMA Executive Officer to plan and deliver three training sessions per year, coordinate the training days and prepare follow up reports
Professional Development For Teachers
- Develop the Professional Development program for teachers and schools management team
- Organise delivery of this program
3. Meetings & Reports
- Attend Schools Committee meetings, take the minutes and distribute
- Compile reports for the Schools Committee and JCMA Board
- Provide information, statistics and reports on the schools program as required
Manage Office Administration
- Keep all documentation relating to the schools program filed and up to date and manage office administration
- Respond to emails and enquiries about the JCMA schools program
Skills & Experience Required
- Ability to work with people from diverse religious and ethnic backgrounds
- A commitment to the values and benefits of interfaith activity
- Self motivated and able to work proactively with the management team and network, liaise and negotiate effectively with a wide range of people and stakeholders.
- An organized self-starter with an ability to develop and maintain an effective work plan and to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a persuasive and compelling way to effectively promote and deliver the workshop program targeting teachers and schools
- Excellent written communication skills for promotion, reporting, grant writing and other funding submissions
- Knowledge and experience working in the education sector and in the schools system
- Demonstrated computer literacy familiar with Microsoft word, Outlook and Excel and basic administration skills
- Current Working With Children Check
- Tertiary Qualification
Relationships: Working with the JCMA Executive Officer and the JCMA Schools Committee.
Conditions: Salary for this 12 hours a week position is $27.50 per hour, plus 9.5% superannuation. Working from JCMA office in East Melbourne. May require presence at some after-hours events. Annual leave will be 4 weeks leave pro rata per annum. Commencement ASAP with a probationary period of 3 months.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE JOB
Applicants are to provide the following three documents to the Executive Officer of the Jewish Christian Muslim Association of Australia:
1. A letter addressing each of the skills and experience criteria listed above
2. A CV of educational qualifications and previous work experience
3. A list of at least three (3) referees and their contact details
APPLICATIONS & ENQUIRIES: email@example.com Phone: 9287 5590
APPLICATIONS DUE: 4.00pm Friday 8th January 2015