This year has seen the Multifaith Association of South Australia organise many activities to promote the sharing of beliefs, rituals and customs of different faiths, and to encourage understanding and support amongst each other.
Some of the highlights have included:
- An open meeting where committee members shared their personal spiritual journeys
- Youth Group involved in regular meetings and also with Clean Up Australia and providing a workshop at our Symposium in September. The Youth Group also attended at the International Youth Day celebrations
- Planning meeting with interfaith groups at the beginning of the year
- Formal invitations to attend an Australia Day function, Japanese community commemoration of earthquakes and tsunami, Eid celebration, Catholic celebration of Decalogue of Assisi for peace.
- Panel discussion at Adelaide University “Why do good people suffer?”
- Visit to an Anglican Church to view display of Anglican vestments
- Annual Symposium, September 11: For Peace and At Peace with keynote speaker Stephanie Dowrick
- Tour of Hindu Temple
- Celebration picnic in December