The Islamic Council of Victoria is organising the annual Victorian Mosque Open Day taking place at many Melbourne Mosques on Sunday 16 April 2018, 10:00am-4pm.
Friendly faces, welcoming auras and delicious food,” were just some of the sentiments noted during last year’s Victorian Mosque Open Day.
Several Mosques opened their hearts and doors for the Islamic Council of Victoria’s (ICV) – Victorian Mosque Open Day project launch last year. Hundreds of Victorians flocked to a local Mosque near them to get to know their Muslim neighbours, partaking in guided Mosque tours, hijab tutorials, henna tattoo art, jumping castles and other activities for kids, sausage sizzles and discussions about Islamic beliefs.
The following mosques and Islamic communities will open their doors on the day anytime between 10-4pm;
- Albanian Mosque (Albanian Australian Islamic Society) @ 765 Drummond St, Carlton North
- Benevolence Australia @ 125 George St, Doncaster East
- City Mosque (Islamic Council of Victoria) @ 66-68 Jeffcott St, Melbourne West
- Doncaster Mosque (UMMA Centre) @72 George St, Doncaster East
- Elsedeaq Heidelberg Mosque @ 32 Elliott St, Heidelberg Heights
- Islamic Association of Monash Mosque @ 16 Beddoe Ave, Clayton
- Islamic Museum of Australia (IMA) @ 15A Anderson Rd, Thornbury
- Light of Hidayaah Mosque @ TBC
- Newport Mosque @ 23/31 Blenheim Rd, Newport
- Omar Farooq Mosque @ 14-16 Photomia St, Doveton
- Preston Mosque @ 90 Cramer St, Preston
- Virgin Mary Mosque (WIC) @ 143A Hogans Road, Hoppers Crossing
Find your nearest participating mosque and keep up to date with the Victorian Mosque Open Day here.
This page is offered for information only; the material herein in not specifically endorsed nor approved by Religions for Peace Australia