We would like to invite you to attend Paths to Change – A Conference for the Refugee Sector organised by Road to Refuge in partnership with Amnesty Refugee Network Victoria. The conference will be held on Saturday 27 February at The University of Melbourne.
Road to Refuge is a volunteer run, not-for-profit organisation aimed at changing the dialogue Australia is having about refugees and people seeking asylum.
Our Paths to Change conference will be focused on providing individuals with skills to become powerful allies to people seeking asylum and better advocates for the cause. By attending the conference, you will develop a deeper understanding of the complexities surrounding issues within the refugee and asylum sector, as well as practical skills for implementing change.
Every participant will attend four 50-minute workshops, run by presenters already engaged within the sector, throughout the day. Please find details attached. All attendees will also have the chance to attend a Q&A panel, and a Sector Expo featuring stalls from various organisations within the sector. Food and refreshments will be provided.
Presenters for Paths to Change will include representatives from:
- Refugee Council of Australia
- Refugee Communities Advocacy Network
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Amnesty Refugee Network Victoria
- Village Harvest
- Event: Paths to Change – A Conference for the Refugee Sector
- Time: Saturday 27th February, 9am-5pm
- Location: Sydney Myer Asia Centre, The University of Melbourne 158/761 Swanston St, Parkville
- Registration fee: $18 Full and $15 Concession plus booking fee.
- Bookings: Please register here.
- More information: firstname.lastname@example.org