The Special Religious Edcuation secretariat will conduct a seminar for SRI teachers with Julie Perin, of Telling Words during September.
The Special Religious Education Seminar will be conducted on Saturday, 3 September and repeated on Wednesday, 11 September at The Multicultural Hub Melbourne (The Blue Room), 506 Elizabeth St., Melbourne. (Opposite Victoria Market)(Mel. Ref. 2B C12)
The seminar will provide SRI teachers with storytelling skills with focus gesture, action and non-verbal communication. Julie Perrin is a storyteller extraordinaire.
Julie tells folktales and trickster stories from around the world – the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Europe and Australia. She builds cultural connection through story. Julie is an accredited performer and teacher of twenty years experience.
Learn to tell a story by gesture!
- 9.15 – 9.45am REGISTRATION
- 9.45 Welcome and Introductions
- 10.00 Julie Perrin: Demonstration and Discussion of Storytelling Skills.
- 11.00 – 11.30 Morning Tea
- 11.30 Julie Perrin: Demonstration and Discussion of Storytelling Skills
- 12.30 LUNCH (provided by Religions for Peace)
- 1.15 Julie Perrin: Small Group Practice & Coaching or Meeting in Religious Groups
- 2.15 GIVING THANKS
If you would like to know more about Julie’s experience with Teachers and in Schools please visit her website: www.tellingwords.com.au.
Download the flyer below, complete the registration details and post by Friday August 26th to:
Religions for Peace
PO Box 1383
Carlton VIC 3053
or Email your details to: email@example.com
Download the Telling Words Seminar Flyer
Photo Credit: Julie Perin